The course provides a fundamental knowledge of Financial intermediation. The aim of this course is to provide students with both concepts and methodologies useful to analyse the role and the dynamics of the financial system. During the course, the technical features of financial instruments, the structure of the financial system, with particular attention paid to the different functions performed by financial institutions and financial markets, the normative context and monetary policy will be analysed.
Lectures may be integrated with experts’ insights on specific topics.
1. Structure and functions of the financial system
2. Financial instruments: bonds, stocks and derivatives
3. Financial markets
4. Financial institutions: banks, securities intermediaries and insurance companies
5. Regulation and supervision of the financial system
6. Monetary policy
Mc-Graw-Hill is providing an ad hoc text, made up of several chapters taken from:
• NADOTTI L., PORZIO C., PREVIATI D., Economia degli intermediari finanziari, McGraw-Hill, second edition, 2013
• MUNARI L. (eds.), Strumenti finanziari e creditizi, McGraw-Hill, 2011
The selected chapters will be disclosed soon before the course starts.
Further readings on specific topics will be made available on the e-learning page for the course.
Textbooks and further readings are consistent with the syllabus.
Written test made up of open questions and/or exercises.
Via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits