The aim is to illustrate the changes in the agri-food chain and the implications for Italian agriculture with specific fucus on the wine-growing system. Provide students with an overview of the main dynamics in the agro-alimentary market on the supply and demand side. During the lessons, theories of demand and supply will be studied and the factors of change will be analyzed. Examples and practical applications on Agricultural products will be discussed during the lectures.
1 Analysis of the Agricultural Products Market
Problem analysis; evolution of the concept of market
2 The market and the agri-food system
Consumer Behavior; consumption patterns; Availability to pay; Food Supply chain
3 The demand for agri-food products
Theories; prices; prefrences; utility; price elasticity of demand; price elasticity, onsummer spending; elasticity of income demand; total elasticity; relationship of elasticity; practical examples.
4. Analysis of the supply of agri-food products
Theories; price, price elasticity of the offer; total elasticity; relationship of elasticity; aggregate offer; Offerings: influence of economic and institutional factors; practical examples.
5. the concept of market equilibrium: analysis and influences. Practical examples
6. Price formation
Market structures; competition and the interaction between supply and demand; barriers to competition; tariff and non-tariff barriers; Monopoly; oligopoly and oligopoly models in the agro-food sector.
7. organization of markets and forms of organization on an associa- tion basis; terrirological marketing tools; practical examples.
8. Analysis of the wine sector. The effects of policy on market equilibrium; supply and demand.
9. Marketing tools and opportunities offered by wine policy and rural development.
10. Examples of collective markting in the wine sector.
|Messori Flavio, Ferretti Claudio||Economia del Mercato agroalimentare (Edizione 2)||Edagricole||2010||978-88-506-5329-4|
|Gaeta Davide, Corsinovi Paola||Economics, Governance, and Politics in the Wine Market: European Union Developments (Edizione 1)||Palgrave Macmillan, USA||2014||978-1-137-39532-0|
The exam will be written with open questions. The questions will cover to the program addressed during the lectures.
During the course, an agribusiness project will be awarded which will be agreed upon with the teacher during the lesson.