|Monday||2:00 PM - 4:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall SPA|
|Wednesday||10:10 AM - 12:40 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall SPA|
The main goal of the course is to provide the students with the cutting-edge statistical theory on surveys. These tools will then be applied to carry out market research.
1. Market researches:
- Definitions, aims and limits.
- Case studies related to market researches
- Statistical methods for market researches
- The main steps of a market survey.
2. Data sources for market surveys
- Primary and secondary information sources.
- Secondary informationn sources: internal and external
- Official statistical data.
- Main databases for marketing research(Infocamere, Cerved, AIDA, ecc.)
- Agency data (GfK-Eurisko, ACNielsen Italia)
- Panel surveys
3. Random and non-random sampling designs
- Review of estimation theory
- Definition of sampling design
- Random sampling designs
- Non random sampling designs
- Sampling and non-samplig errors
4. Questionnaire construction and interviewing techniques.
- Self-amministered questionnaires
- Assisted interview
- Computer assisted personal interview
- Web interview
5. The mutiple regression model for marketing and sales forecasting
- Simple regression model : definition and hypotheses
- Parameter estimation and tests
- Residual analysis
- Goodness of fitting
- Multiple regression model
- Estimation of trend using polynomial functions
- Polynomial degree choice
- Sales forecasting using the regression model
Bassi F. (2008), Analisi di mercato: Strumenti statistici per le decisioni di marketing (Edizione I), Carocci editore.
Written exam. Oral exam is optional.
Via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits