The course offers an overview of the main topics in macroeconomics: the determinants of aggregate demand and aggregate supply; what generates cyclical fluctuations in income and unemployment, what role can monetary and fiscal policy play in stabilizing the economy; what determines long-run growth.
1. Introduction to National Accounting.
2. Aggregate demand and income multiplier.
3. Goods and money market: The IS-LM model.
4. Consumption, investment and government spending.
5. Aggregate Supply: The AS-AD model.
6. Inflation and Unemployment.
7. Introduction to International Economics.
8. Growth theory.
Blanchard et al, Macroeconomia.
Findlay, Esercitazioni di Macroeconomia
|OLIVIER BLANCHARD, ALESSIA AMIGHINI, FRANCESCO GIAVAZZI||Macroeconomia. Una prospettiva europea||Il Mulino||2016||978-88-15-26571-5|
The final exam will be a written multiple-choice type of exam. The aim of the questions will be to verify the student’s understanding of the theory analized in class, as well as the ability to apply the theory to solve numerical exercises.
Negative score will be assigned to wrong answers.
There will not be an intermediate exam.
Via Cantarane, 24
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits